Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] idmap limit?

Ok, you are completely right. Here are the real numbers with changed user names:

drwx------ 43 DOM\user1        DOM\domain-user  4096 Jan 10 08:00 user1
drwx------   5 DOM\user2        DOM\domain-user  4096 Jan 11 08:13 user2
drwx------ 92 DOM\user3        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jan 16 08:39 user3
drwx------   3        133265        DOM\domain-user   4096 Sep  7 2015 user4
drwx------   7        470055        DOM\domain-user   4096 Apr 30 2013 user5
drwx------ 12 DOM\user6        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jan  4 12:46 user6
drwx------ 51 DOM\user7        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jan 15 23:01 user7
drwx------   2          95092        DOM\domain-user   4096 Jul 1  2015 user8
drwx------  3 DOM\user9         DOM\domain-user   4096 Jun  8 2015 user9
drwx------  7 DOM\user200    DOM\domain-user   4096 Nov  6  2012 user200

 > wbinfo --uid-info=133265
failed to call wbcGetpwuid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not get info for uid 133265

 > wbinfo -i DOM\\user4
DOM\user4:*:133265:10513::/home/user4:/bin/bash

After the last command (wbinfo -i DOM\\user4) also "wbinfo
--uid-info=133265" shows the correct result and the "ls -l" list also
list the user name instead of the uid.

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:20:52 +0100
Andreas Hauffe via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

no, that's my fault. I changed the UIDs and user names in my "ls -l"
to unpersonalized/example data for my mail and didn't think about
putting these values into the range. A better unpersonalized data
example would look like:

----------

drwx------ 43 DOM\user1        DOM\group  4096 Jan 10 08:00 user1
drwx------   5 DOM\user2        DOM\group  4096 Jan 11 08:13 user2
drwx------  3         10234          DOM\group  4096 Sep  7  2015
user3 drwx------  7         10235          DOM\group  4096 Apr 30
2013 user4 drwx------ 12 DOM\user5        DOM\group   4096 Jan  4
12:46 user5 drwx------  2         10236          DOM\group   4096
Jul  1 2015 user6 ....

When we run a "wbinfo --uid-info" for an unmapped user, we are
getting:

  > wbinfo --uid-info=10234
failed to call wbcGetpwuid: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not get info for uid 10234

When we run "wbinfo -i" for that user, everything works fine.

  > wbinfo -i DOM\\user3
DOM\user3:*:10234:10001::/home/user3:/bin/bash

After the last command (wbinfo -i DOM\\user3) also "wbinfo
--uid-info=10234" shows the correct result and the "ls -l" list also
list the user name instead of the uid.

Please don't mess with the numbers, '10234' is still an invalid ID. You
are using the 'rid' backend and this calculates the ID from the RID
with:

ID = RID - BASE_RID + LOW_RANGE_ID

To calculate the RID from the ID, you would use:

RID = ID + BASE_RID - LOW_RANGE_ID

the 'BASE_RID' is always '0' (unless you set it) so the above becomes:

RID = 10234 - 10000

RID = 234

Please post again with the CORRECT IDs, a number cannot be that
secret ;-)

Viele Grüße
Andreas Hauffe
Leiter des Forschungsfeldes "Auslegungsmethoden für Luftfahrzeuge"

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263