[Samba] Samba 4.6.2 does not inherit setgid bit (anymore)
- Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:30:33 +0100
- From: Vincent via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] Samba 4.6.2 does not inherit setgid bit (anymore)
Somewhere between Samba 4.2.10 and 4.6.2 (came with CentOS 7 updates) the setgid bit is not inherited anymore when making directories via my Samba service. Everything else is still fine. With ssh direct on the file system or sftp, i get all permissions and acls inherited nicely. Also with Samba all acls are still just fine, except that setgid bit is not inherited (s on the group executable bit becomes an x), so subsequent directories and files have the wrong group.
To test, i made a minimal share definition: [global] unix extensions = no map archive = no map hidden = no map read only = no map system = no store dos attributes = yes [test] comment = Test path = /var/test writable = yes inherit permissions = yesThe smb.conf reference says about "inherit permissions": New directories inherit the mode of the parent directory, including bits such as setgid.
Well, this is obviously not true anymore. The setgid bit is not even inherited in this minimal share definition. Do do i need to add other parameters to force setgid to inherit?
The setup is standalone and the file system is ext4 on a kvm guest. Thanks for any information on this. Kind regards, Vincent -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
- Prev by Date: Re: [Samba] Home folder: a simple mapping or something more?
- Next by Date: [Samba] Browsing in AD networks
- Previous by thread: [Samba] Home folder: a simple mapping or something more?
- Next by thread: [Samba] Browsing in AD networks