Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Access to Windows 2016 server works with IP but not with netbios name

Hi,

I'm working on getting copies of the smb.conf and log files off the site.
It's complicated...I'm just trying to connect to a share that's defined in
the smb.conf. If I open a Windows Explorer and do: \\10.x.x.x I see the
available shares and can click on them and open them. However if I do
\\fred, i.e. the short (I've also tried the fully qualified) name, I can
see the shares but I get the "Access is denied" and the logon window when I
try to open them.

Rob