Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Sysvolreset

Hello,

copying idmap is fairly straightforward.

1) on your first DC (that one that has PDC FSMO, and is the source for rsync) create backup of idmap.ldb

tdbbackup -s .bak /path/to/samba/private/idmap.ldb

it will create idmap.ldb.bak

2) stop samba service on second DC

3) copy idmap.ldb.bak from first dc to second dc, lose the .bak suffix and just copy it over idmap.ldb on second dc

4) start samba on second dc

I'm not sure if it's necessery, but you can flush winbindd cache:

net cache flush

and that's it

No problems occured for me, when I did that.