Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] wbinfo -u error




On Wed, 10 Jan 2018, Kacper Wirski via samba wrote:

Hello,


After update to 4.7.4 on my DC's I see some strange, non-critical (I think)
though behavior.

I've noticed that:

sometimes running command

wbinfo -u

doesn't list any of the users, in log i see this:

*../source3/rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:568(cli_pipe_validate_current_pdu)*
*../source3/rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:568: RPC fault code
DCERPC_NCA_S_PROTO_ERROR received from host dc3!*
*../source3/winbindd/winbindd_rpc.c:403(rpc_rids_to_names)*
*rids_to_names: failed to lookup sids: NT_STATUS_RPC_PROTOCOL_ERROR*

running wbinfo -g works fine

samba-tool user list works fine

converting via wbinfo sid to uid,  or uid to sid,  or sid to name works
fine even when error as above occurs.

after restarting samba, wbinfo -u works fine for random period of time.

When error as above occurs AD DC works fine (i think), that is: users are
able to authenticate, and I see in logs, that "sid-to-name" are resolved
correctly.

I too am seeing this behavior. The only way to get it working again is to restart
samba. I need to do this about once a day.

Like you, it appears that everything is working normally.

The one difference in my setup is that the DC I am having the problem with is
running 4.7.3.

I just verified that I too am seeing the errors listed above in my logs.

I posted to the list back in December about this problem and never received a
response. At that time I did not see the errors in the log (I suspect had the
log level too low) but they are definitely there now.

The previous post contains my smb.conf and other details. It can be found @
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-December/212884.html.

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx

--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions:  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba