Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Replication Error

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your response without your crystal ball.

I have increased the log level =9 dns:0 on both the servers. It
replicates successfully by manually running the command
 samba-tool drs replicate SERVER2 SERVER1 dc=iumnet,dc=edu,dc=na --full-sync

--full-sync copy the whole partition and may hide problems. If there is a corrupted entry in it, I guess it may copy it along too.

I've seen different execution/integrity check path for synchronization in the past. For example when you join a new DC, I have seen initial join replication happily replicating a corrupted entry. However if on the same domain I would join the DC with --critical-objects-only, it will join but won't be able to replicate the partitions afterward.

In your log file, you should look for the following lines and post the 10-20 lines before those to see which entry has problem:

 Failed to commit objects:
 WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE/NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE

but it is still failing when I check from the samba-tool drs showrepl

Also I run samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix on both the servers
which didn't fix it. Please let me know how to check the replication Logs.

did you have any warning/error message out of dbcheck --cross-ncs? I have seen quite a few issues with group membership after upgrade to 4.7 from 4.6.

I will upgrade to the latest 4.7.4 to see if it fixes the problem.

On some of the Win7 clients after the password reset when the user
changes their password on the logon screen it keeps on saying " Your
Password has expired and must be Changed" even after the password is
changed. What can be the reason behind this issue.

can you try to change it with kpasswd on the DC to see if you have the same behavior?

Denis

Regards

Harsh

*Harsh Kukreja *Systems Administrator

**International University of Namibia* *Tel: 061-4336000 -
E-mail: h.kukreja@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:h.kukreja@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: _http://www.ium.edu.na
<http://www.ium.edu.na/>
_Private Bag 14005,Bachbrech. 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado Park,
Windhoek, NAMIBIA

____

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Denis Cardon <dcardon@xxxxxxxxxxx