Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Replication Error

Hi Harsh,

I am running Server-1 Samba4 AD 4.6.10 with an additional Server-2 Samba4
AD 4.7.2 The Inbound replication on the Server-1 is failing with the error
below:

DC=iumnet,DC=edu,DC=na
        Default-First-Site-Name\Server-2 via RPC
                DSA object GUID: 27182378-a9c7-451e-bb95-7b2172a5f311
                Last attempt @ Tue Jan  9 12:55:59 2018 WAST failed, result
58 (WERR_BAD_NET_RESP)
                15333 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ Wed Nov 22 13:48:30 2017 WAST

Please help to fix it.

sorry, my crystal ball is on maintenance. We'll need some more information. Increase your log level by adding the following line to smb.conf:
	log level = 9 dns:0

It's going to be very verbose. You'll usually get the entry having replication issue at the end of the replication log.

By the way, you'll should upgrade to 4.7.4, there has been quite a few bug fixes since 4.7.2.

Have you run a samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs on your 4.7.2 server?

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon