Re: [Samba] Minimal AD DC server for dev/test setup
- Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 11:10:24 -0500
- From: Martin Langhoff via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] Minimal AD DC server for dev/test setup
Re-sending, this one got stuck. Gmail automagically switched away from
plain text :-/ ~martin
On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Martin Langhoff
> About the last question, I'll be reading up on samba-tool. Apologies.
> A better question is: can I run the DC without an attached DNS server? How little can I get away with running?
> In my imagination, I should be able to run just the LDAP+Kerberos parts, AIUI that's all I need, skipping DNS, fileserving, winbind, etc; blame this on my view of AD as a quirky LDAP. Again, scoped for my use cases, which are essentially LDAP-connection-and-lookup against the AD-flavored LDAP that AD contains.
> thank you,
- ask interesting questions ~ http://linkedin.com/in/martinlanghoff
- don't be distracted ~ http://github.com/martin-langhoff
by shiny stuff
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the