Hello Louis,

	Thank You for discussion.

I have used the recommended way to run the service in right order, such as: systemctl edit --full samba-ad-dc.service. Then I turned the dns order on both DC and I expected that there would be no one direction of replication. And now it works. Super. The disadvantage of my returned dns solution was that when the other dns server was not on the network, address translation operations slowed significantly. So I assume that the correct boot sequence has replicated. DHCPD5: I'm not a big frend of DHCP. But I would have to 1 / disable dhcp 2 / move the first part configuration to the interfaces and the second part to resolv.conf.head. Resolv.conf is created by resolvconf, so nothing will survive. It seems to me more complicated, that's how I put it together in one file. But I wrote a note in the installation documentation that if it is a bug, cancel dhcpd5. Thank you very much for the advice. Best regards, Jirka

On 15. 12. 2017 9:56, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
this one was rejected due to "to big" over 128kb.
I trimmed it.
Greetz, Louis
Van: L.P.H. van Belle [mailto:belle@xxxxxxxxx]
Verzonden: woensdag 13 december 2017 16:45
Aan: 'samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Onderwerp: RE: [Samba] Replication problems bdc to pdc

Hai,
Well. This is and discussion point. I start with...  Its not faulty. but why o why are you running a AD DC server with DHCP IP numbers.
Really setup you DC's with static ip's.
What happens when you DHCP server errors, you dont notice this, and you dc wants a renewal... test this.
I'll bet your server wont like it.
Now, also check this one, i need to add this also in the test scripts. systemctl cat samba-ad-dc
If you see : After=network.target   and what i suspect, you will.
now, you have 2 options to edit a systemd service file.
1) systemctl edit samba-ad-dc.service  , this creates an override.d folder for samba-ad-dc. in /etc/systemd/system.
     You get a blank file you need to fill..
2) systemctl edit --full samba-ad-dc.service  this creates a copy of the full original file, in /etc/systemd/system.
     This is what i preffer.
Now change
After=network.target
After=network-online.target bind9.service ntp.service
This makes sure bind9 and ntp are loaded ( when installed) before samba and now samba also waits until all network interfaces are online.
This is how i suggest you should setup your interfaces, but .. hee its your server..  ;-)  if you like dhcp setups, thats up 2 you.
and dont forget to change eth if needed.
 /etc/network/interfaces
# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
     address 10.44.1.9
     netmask 255.255.0.0
     gateway 10.44.1.1

with resolv.conf like this.
search ry11cit.lan
nameserver 10.44.1.9
nameserver 10.44.1.10
# Optional, fallback for internet if both (samba-ad-dc) are down.
#nameserver 8.8.8.8

and the other DC
  /etc/network/interfaces
# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
     address 10.44.1.10
     netmask 255.255.0.0
     gateway 10.44.1.1

with resolv.conf like this.
search ry11cit.lan
nameserver 10.44.1.10
nameserver 10.44.1.9

--

*Ing. Jiří Knotek*
programátor

*GEMA s.r.o. Automatizace technologických procesů*

Doubravice 13, Pardubice 19, 53353
Tel: +420604570127
E-mail: jiri.knotek@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jiri.knotek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Web:www.gemapce.cz <http://www.gemapce.cz/>