Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] problems with share permissions

Hi

I had a few test shares  created and they were working fine. Users could read or write depending on the windows group that was defined on the share. I have since removed the test shares and created the file structure needed and setup the smb.conf file with the share names.  I have also setup the groups and assigned them to the respective directories.  Problem is the users can connect to the share but the get "access denied" and can not open the share directory.  I am at a loss as to where I went wrong, any help would be great.

small cut of the smb.conf definitions.  but the are all setup the same.

#
# defined shares for users
#

[acctcui]

        path = /cui/acct
        comment = Accounting data
        admin users = jlowry 'domain admins'
        valid users = jessica janet lynne
        read list = lynne janet jessica
        write list = lynne janet jessica
        writable = yes
        browsable = yes

[tradecui]

        path = /cui/trade
        comment = Trade Compliance data
        admin users = jlowry 'domain admins'
        valid users = sharon tom janet lynne
        read list = lynne janet sharon tom
        write list = lynne janet sharon tom
        writable = yes
        browsable = yes

[sales]
        path = /cui/admin/sales
        comment = Admin access for sales
        admin users = jlowry 'domain admins'
        valid users = tiana bob carol jessica janet lynne biet cynthia jill patty sharon wendy davidq
        read list = @salesread
        write list = @salesrw
        writable = yes
        browsable = yes

windows shares:

example of permissions

thanks,

Jerold Lowry
Principal Network/Systems Engineer
Engineering Design Team (EDT), Inc. a HEICO company
3423 NW John Olsen Pl
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124 (U.S.A.)
Phone: 503-690-1234 / 800-435-4320
Fax: 503-690-1243