Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Where are Heimdal Kerberos library and headers located?

On Tue, 2017-12-12 at 11:31 -0500, Mark Foley via samba wrote:
> I'm trying to compile sasl from source on my Samba4 AD/DC. It needs the location of the
> kerberos library and headers. Where are these located, or at least, what is the library name? I
> can't seem to locate them via find using any of the search terms I can think of.
>
> I'm running Samba 4.4.16
>
> Thanks, --Mark

The internal Heimdal is not for use by the likes of SASL.  Install
krb5-dev, heimdal-dev or similar on your system to compile SASL or
other Kerberos-enabled software against the system Kerberos library.

I hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett