Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] OpenLDAP Backend with support for PDC & BDC

Hi Everyone,

Current Setup ( Samba is being used as a PDC and BDC )

    * Samba 3.6.3
    * OpenLDAP 2.4.28

I need to migrate LDAP and Samba to LXD/LXC containers and I'm trying to understand the limitations of Samba 4 as relates to my current setup.

Documentation seems to suggest that using an OpenLDAP backend whilst using Samba as a PDC/BDC is unsupported and shall remain so for the near future. This leads me to believe that if I want to use Samba 4 as a PDC/BDC with an LDAP backed, I will have to use Samba's LDAP instead. Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Lai Wei-Hwa
IT Administrator
T. (514) 367-2252 ext 6308 C. (514) 218-7400 [ mailto:whlai@xxxxxxxxx | whlai@xxxxxxxxx ]