Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] ERROR: missing backlink attribute 'memberOf'

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 10:16:54 -0500
Bob Thomas via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> MY QUESTION IS: Could anyone provide me with the directions I need to
> use to safely manually remove the troubled orphaned backlink
> attributes so the DCs are happy again.  At the moment everything is
> working fine, I just need to get the db healthy.

Good afternoon (well it is here)  ;-)

Very easy to remove the back links, stop looking at them, or to put it
another way, just ignore them, they will go away eventually.

It seems that these links have always been there, but Samba didn't
show, then a patch was applied to fix something else, a by product of
this patch was that Samba now shows the back links. It is hard to
remove the back links, but I believe a fix is being worked on.