Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] GID range full!!

Am 2017-12-04 um 13:55 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 13:41:32 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 2017-12-04 um 13:22 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

There doesn't seem to anything really wrong with the smb.conf,
unless you are running a version of Samba from 4.6.0, see here for
how to set up idmap now:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad

So that seems to hit it, we run 4.6.11 and still

winbind nss info = rfc2307

That has to be edited if I interpret correctly.

Is that a "dangerous" change? Should it be done with no users
connected or with all daemons restarted after the change?

thanks, Stefan

I wouldn't call it dangerous, but you will have to either reload or
restart the samba daemons, so probably best done when no one is
connected.

ok, will do so, thanks.

Do you think that my current mis-config leads to the GID-full-issue as described? Is there a valid explanation for this? Just curious.