Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] upgrading DC 4.5.x to 4.7.x

Thank for all advice,

I have a question about:
"- add new 4.7.2 DCs using their old names/ips
- remove the temporary DC"

Do I understand correctly, You created new machine (or removed/reinstalled samba completely), used IP/hostname of the previous DC and just re-added as DC?

Also, did You have any issues after removing temporary DC? Some time ago i had to remove one DC and I had some erros in --dbcheck --crossncs  later on?

I might consider trying upgrade in separated environment, since my DC's are also VM's, so no problem for me to clone and separate them.

Some of You said about replication issues after straight upgrade. When they occured, i.e. was it obvious error after drs -showrepl command, or something that "sneaked up" upon You later on?

Regards,
Kacper