Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] logline of account becoming NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_LOCKED_OUT

Hi Andrew,

On 12/02/2017 07:20 PM, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
I'm sorry, but while we do log it, the news isn't good.

		DEBUG(5, ("Locked out user %s after %d wrong passwords\n",
			  ldb_dn_get_linearized(user_msg->dn), badPwdCount));

That will show up with level 5 globally.

Ok, patches are difficult now, as we've sponsored quite a lot this year.

But would it also be an idea to move this to a (much) lower log level? Perhaps even at 1 or 2?

Locking accounts is such a *major* event, and log level 5 is SO high...

Thanks for your reply, Andrew!

MJ