Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] upgrading DC 4.5.x to 4.7.x

02.12.2017 2:16, mj via samba пишет:

- power off the old DCs
- reize fsmo roles, cleanup the database, etc

why  not to transfer roles while old DC are online?

- add new 4.7.2 DCs using their old names/ips
- remove the temporary DC

why not simply add new DCs to current production domain?

I'm thinking about way to upgrade too, but using "separated environment" and restore current production servers from backups seems too complicated for me. I don't know what changes was made in prodiction domain while doing procedure above, if it will take day or two (and it wiil be lost)

The above procedure took some testing and multiple tries,

hmm :)

_
Mike