Re: [Samba] upgrading DC 4.5.x to 4.7.x
- Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 23:16:29 +0100
- From: mj via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] upgrading DC 4.5.x to 4.7.x
On 12/01/2017 01:46 PM, k.wirski via samba wrote:
I"ve done upgrades previously (from 4.3), so I know the procedure, but I've been checking on samba list regularly, and I see some people having issues after update, mainly with replication. So how safe is it now? Are there still known issues? Should i upgrade 4.5 -> 4.6 -> 4.7 or directly go to 4.7.latest?
We upgraded straight from 4.5 to 4.7.2.
Since we had some corruption, we upgraded by:
= bringing the 4.5 DCs online in a seperated environment
- adding a new temporary 4.7.2 DC
- make absolutely sure everything replicated successfully to that new DC
- power off the old DCs
- reize fsmo roles, cleanup the database, etc
- add new 4.7.2 DCs using their old names/ips
- remove the temporary DC
After this, we swapped the 4.5 production DCs for the new 4.7.2 DCs in
the production network, and nobody noticed the change. Except for one or
two users and computers that had changed their passwords during the
The above procedure took some testing and multiple tries, but now, on
4.7.3, everything is running absolutely beautifully. We are specially
happy with the new auth audit logging.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the