Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Should Samba-tool RODC preload be run periodically?

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 15:03 +0000, Andrej Gessel via samba wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I run “samba-tool rodc preload” for multiple users. If one of this users change his password, should I repeat the preload call? (I suppose yes, I need to rerun)
> If I need to rerun samba-tool, can user login with his old password till its expire? (I suppose yes?)

The design is that we get a replication event with a blank password in
it, causing the password to be wiped locally.  That triggers the next
login to go via the master DC which if successful triggers a async
replication of the new password.

So, it is meant to be safe for password change/reset, and there are
tests for this.

Thanks for asking!

Andrew Bartlett