Web lists-archives.com

[Samba] Samba AD - Trust Relationship error.

Hello all,

I am not really new to samba but I am new to running a samba AD and AD in general. I have a client that I will be changing over to a new server running samba 4.6.7 and running as an AD. I did a test run on the new server connected to the workstations and on one workstation I ran into this error message:

"The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship"

I know that in Windows its pretty easy to solve by using the SBS Standard console. However, How would one fix this issue that I assume would be done with samba-tools somehow? Perhaps anyone can guide me to a resource discussing this? Im not looking for a step-by-step hand hold session here. Just basic info on where to start looking and the basics.

This is one of about 13 workstations and was the only one that experienced this issue.

Appreciate the feedback in advance,

jdegraw