Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Debian Buster, bind_dlz, and apparmor

On 11/28/2017 11:11 AM, Robert Wooden wrote:
Dale,

Been using Ubuntu server for years in my AD. Discovered a long time ago that apparmor is not needed for a server. (Someone is probably going to argue the other that is should be but . . .)

Do not quote me but, I have read that AppArmor is intended more for a desktop environment. I have always disabled and then removed AppArmor and have never had any issues. Of course I am behind a hardware firewall so, hopefully, no exposure to any unwanted attacks.

All my servers work fine without AppArmor.

As an Ubuntu user, my 2 cents . . .