Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Debian Buster, bind_dlz, and apparmor

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 14:53:32 -0600
Dale Schroeder via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Last week, Debian testing (Buster) added apparmor to the list of
> dependencies for its latest kernel release, apparently because
> systemd needs it.  Recently, I noticed my first casualty - bind9 -
> due to apparmor failures with bind_dlz.
>
> Knowing next to nothing about apparmor, what is needed to fix this,
> and what further info do you need from me?
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

I cannot seem to find a debian kernel that has a dependency on
apparmor, can you provide a link ?

Even if debian is making the kernel depend on apparmor (by the way,
does Linus know about this  ?), this isn't a Samba problem, it is an
apparmor one.