Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba max protocol for windows 10

Am 27.11.2017 um 15:13 schrieb Maxence SARTIAUX via samba:
One of our customer has a Samba 3 domain and they have troubles when they try to join a Windows 10 computer, i'm pretty sure it's because we need to set
server max protocol = NT1
on the domain configuration like the wiki says.

But i'm wondering, what about other workstations ? There's no bad behavior limiting the maximum protocol to the current joined workstations (windows xp / 7 / 8 & some linux servers) ?

just performance - NT1 is the lowest common version

i find it really pervert that you need for the newest windows limit your config to the oldest protocol