Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Compiling Samba 4.7 with systemd support on Fedora 26

Am 23.11.2017 um 23:05 schrieb Reindl Harald via samba:

Am 23.11.2017 um 22:46 schrieb Arnab Roy via samba:
The systemd unit file looks like as follows:

[Unit]
Description=Winbindd Service
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
PIDFile=/var/run/samba/
ExecStart=/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd -D
ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
LimitCORE=infinity

try without the -D param

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
Behavior of notify is similar to simple; however, it is expected that the daemon sends a notification message via sd_notify(3) or an equivalent call when it has finished starting up

so in that case the daemon is *not* required to double-fork and should start in foreground
_________________________________

but as long as that stuff below don't work at build time forget about Type=notify at all, it can not work! for MariaDB on Fedora25/26 "systemd-devel" is enough at build time and then Type=notify works as expected - this is a build problem of samba in case the messages below still appear

I am unable to start samba from systemd , systemd kills the process off
after startup. I have installed the systemd-devel as recommended, I guess I
am missing more dependencies

Checking for libsystemd-daemon
                    : not found
Checking for libsystemd-journal