Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Compiling Samba 4.7 with systemd support on Fedora 26

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 21:46:17 +0000
Arnab Roy <arniekol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The systemd unit file looks like as follows:
>
> [Unit]
> Description=Winbindd Service
> After=syslog.target network.target
>
> [Service]
> Environment=KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/run/samba/krb5cc_samba
> Type=notify
> NotifyAccess=all
> PIDFile=/var/run/samba/

I know nothing about systemd, but, shouldn't there be something like
'winbind.pid' on the end of the line above ?

> ExecStart=/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd -D
> ExecReload=/usr/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
> LimitCORE=infinity
>
> [Install]
>

> @Rowland I am not blaming samba at all, certainly is some sort of
> systemd+samba issue.

Never thought you were blaming Samba, I was just pointing out that I
don't use systemd. I initially thought you might be running Samba as A
DC and trying to start winbind manually, you are not, so that's an end
to that thought ;-)