Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Compiling Samba 4.7 with systemd support on Fedora 26

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 20:58:52 +0000
Arnab Roy <arniekol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> No I am running samba as a member, purely using it for ntlm_auth for
> freeradius. If i run it manually i.e. /usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd
> -D it starts up and stays up no issues. Yes selinx is disabled
>
> sestatus
> SELinux status:                 disabled
>
> Any pointers...?

The fact that it does work manually sort of points to it being a
systemd problem rather than a Samba one.

Have you tried raising the Samba log level and then examining the logs.
Does systemd have its own log for when a service doesn't start ?
Sorry but I cannot help you further, I use Devuan.