[Samba] net domain join fails - classic DC
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:11:49 -0500
- From: Ken Bass via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] net domain join fails - classic DC
I've got a rather old setup for several computers and VM's here at home. It is fairly static--the other day I was decided to remove and then re-add one of my Linux servers to the domain. My setups it the old smbldap and openldap setup. Centos 7 recently updated to 4.6.2.
When I tried to join a Linux machine named 'backup' I got an error:Failed to join domain: Failed to set password for machine account (NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD)
Over on the PDC:[2017/11/21 15:36:18.948960, 2] ../source3/passdb/pdb_ldap.c:524(init_sam_from_ldap)
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: backup$[2017/11/21 15:36:18.949212, 3] ../lib/util/charset/convert_string.c:435(convert_string_talloc_handle) convert_string_talloc: Conversion error: Illegal multibyte sequence(xxxxxxx)
[2017/11/21 15:36:18.949261, 0] ../libcli/auth/smbencrypt.c:770(decode_pw_buffer)
decode_pw_buffer: failed to convert incoming passwordIt has been so many years (and versions of samba) since I set this up, I don't remember many of the details. :(
On linux server 'backup', I can run 'net rpc info' and it accepts the root/domain admin password and shows the domain and domain sid. It is just the join step that is failing.
The PDC has 'server max protocol = NT1' set while the backup has server max protocol set to SMB2. I 'assume' when joining the domain if negotiates the protocol.
Any ideas / suggestions? Thanks. -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba
- Prev by Date: Re: [Samba] samba 4 ad member - idmap = ad for machine accounts [SOLVED]
- Next by Date: Re: [Samba] Time synchronization and Password Policies
- Previous by thread: [Samba] Logging users connecting
- Next by thread: [Samba] samba-winbind trust domain user issue.