Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] samba 4 ad member - idmap = ad for machine accounts [SOLVED]

Samba - General mailing list wrote
> Do you need to manually set up a password for the machine account PC050$ ?

Manually is relative :-)  I scripted the bunch of PC's by first finding out
at which uidNumber I could start counting and then put everything (PC and
uid Numbers) in a loop. You could use ldbmodify, but since it was a small
edit and not much PC's I used ldbedit like this:

ldbedit starts your editor and lets you edit a temporary ldif file which is
fed back into the database when you are done editing. Instead of an
interactive editor, here I use the streaming editor (sed) to insert a line
at position 10 (arbitrary, the ldif is much longer in this search) with the
contents "uidNumber: <number>". This is an ugly hack. Be careful/very sure
that the computers do not have a uidNumber before you do this.

I don't know where you can hook in to the samba computer account creation
process to automatically insert a uidNumber.

Sent from: http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Samba-General-f2403709.html