Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Time synchronization and Password Policies

On 11/21/2017 4:34 AM, lists via samba wrote:
Hi,

On 21-11-2017 4:40, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:

/*Password Policies*/

Password policies are not getting enforced on the clients. Initially we thought that we have to set those policies using "samba-tool user passwordsettings" and not on Windows GPO. As this was not enforcing the password policies, we set the GPO with the same settings. Yet the same result. Password Policies are not getting applied.

We have three domain controllers in out environment.

No expert, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but:

I think the samba-tool user passwordsettings are local-DC-specific, so you need to run it on all your DCs. Could it be that you configured only one DC, and your password change happens to be talking with a different DC..?

MJ

You are correct from my own environment.

    Is this how a Microsoft domain behaves as well or a limit of Samba not being able to replicate these attributes? If anyone knows btw. Thanks.

James