Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] administrator does not have permission

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:14:57 -0600
Robert Wooden <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> yes, I have user.map, it contains only "!root = DTDOM\Administrator
> DTDOM\administrator".
>
> (That's what my notes show I made it as when setting up.)
>
> Suggestions?

If you haven't done something strange, such as giving Administrator a
uidNumber, then my next step would be to make the Unix domain
member leave the domain, add the two lines to smb.conf (if you
need /etc/krb5.keytab), ensure /etc/krb5.conf exists and is correct,
then re-join the domain.