Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] SAMBA failing to start after upgrade

Hi,

In the sernet packages, the DC packages are called sernet-samba-ad I think.

So perhaps you need to run something like:
apt-get upgrade sernet-samba-ad

(or even apt-get install sernet-samba-ad)

But SAMBA NOT CONFIGURED AS DC means that the smb.conf is not for a DC, and you say the machine was a DC. Not sure how an apt-get upgrade could have caused this...

MJ