Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] SAMBA4 API

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:48:29 -0600
Taylor Hammerling <thammerling@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We aren't using BIND, we are using the builtin SAMBA backend.  Also
> the requests for updates are going to come from external to the DC.
> IE, the inventory server needs to send a request to the DC to
> add/update/remove etc DNS records.  This is why I'm looking for an
> API.

The samba_dnsupdate script doesn't need Bind either.

You could always script around the 'samba-tool dns' commands, see
'samba-tool dns --help'

Samba is written using 'C' and the tools are mostly written in Python,
there isn't an easily findable API that I am aware of.

What I am trying to say is, why make things hard for yourself ? If you
are going to be using PHP, you can make this run other scripts that run
nsupdate.

Where are the updates going to come from ?