Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Sharing passdb.tdb between two or more Samba servers?

On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 13:26:55 -0500
Bernard Fay via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using Samba only for file sharing.  Because we are missing
> space in the first Samba server, we need to add a second Samba server.
>
> While building this new server i came up with the questioning about
> sharing the passdb.tdb file among different Samba servers? Would this
> be feasible? The idea is that all users should be able to access any
> file servers according with theirs needs.  Or is there a better way
> to do it?
>
> Thanks,

Whilst it may be possible to share passdb.tdb between Samba standalone
servers (I take it this is what your fileserver is running as), what
are you going to do about the required Unix users ?

What connects to your Samba machine, Windows clients ?