Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] syncpassword and (strange) base64...

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I normally only use 'samba-tool user setpassword --random-password'
> when I create a user that will never log in and then use kerberos with
> a program e.g. squid. I usually also set the password to never expire.

Silimar user case. I need to create accounts by scripts, where
passwords are set by other means (eg, another scripts).
Practically, i'm ''syncing'' my old NT domains with my new AD one.

> So, the question has to be, just what do you need to sync the passwords
> to ?

Really i don't need that. But 'samba-tool user setpassword --random-password'
passwords get processed by 'syncpasswords', as ''normal'' ones.