Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Listing AD group members

I did come up with that option from Google, but wondered if it was only suitable if Samba was the AD controller, since that was always the context it was used in.

This is the result I get.

root@hostname:~# samba-tool group listmembers groupname
ERROR(ldb): Failed to list members of "groupname" group  - ldb_search: invalid basedn '(null)'
root@hostname:~#

Samba 4.6.7,

smb.conf looks like this:-

[global]
   workgroup = DOMAIN
   security = ADS
   realm = DOMAIN.LOCAL

   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 95000-99999
   idmap config DOMAIN:backend = rid
   idmap config DOMAIN:range = 100000-999999

   winbind trusted domains only = no
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind refresh tickets = yes

   template shell = /bin/bash
   template homedir = /home/%D/%U

Should I be passing it a basedn either in the command, or in the config somewhere?

James

October 30, 2017 10:49 AM, "Rowland Penny via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:34:06 +0000
> "A. James Lewis via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ive been trying to work out how to get wbinfo to list members of a
>> specific AD group, rather than list groups a specific user is in.
>>
>> So far I have had no luck... In fact im not sure its possible with
>> wbinfo. Is there another tool which could do this?
>>
>> James
>
> samba-tool group listmembers <groupname>
>
> Rowland
>
> --

A. James Lewis (james@xxxxxxxxxx)
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people
built perfectly good brick walls long before they knew why cement works."