Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] sysvolcheck on fresh samba 4.7 DCs

Hi Andrew and Louis,

Found the issue: after rsync-ing the sysvol from our old decommissioned DCs, the sysvolreset/sysvolcheck DO work out.

I tried to keep the things simple first, by NOT immediately importing our old sysvol contents, but first check with a default sysvol...

I thought that the sysvolreset would just reset whatever is located under samba/sysvol, but I guess that it reads the directories from the database.

Once the on-disk directories matched the sam database contents, things worked fine.

Sorry... :-|

MJ