Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Migrating samba AD DC from 4.1.0 to 4.7.0 and dns backend change

On 10/25/2017 6:22 AM, Lukasz Zalewski via samba wrote:
Hi,
We are in the process of migrating our samba AD (4.1.0pre1-GIT-6be458d) to the latest 4.7.0 release. In the process we want to switch from the BIND_DLZ to the internal dns server.

I have done some experiments in our test environment and everything seems to work ok, but I'm not sure how to handle the dns backend change.

Is it just the case of running
samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL
or is there more to it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Lukasz