[Samba] LDB object number limitations
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:58:15 +0200
- From: Ervin Hegedüs via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Samba] LDB object number limitations
here is a Samba4 AD with LDB.
Is there any limit for number of possible objects? I mean users, computers,
and other kind of nodes.
On a Samba Wiki page, the doc notes:
"How LDB uses TDB
LDB basically sits on top of TDB and manipulates the data into an LDAP-like
And I've found a doc here:
which notes, that
"Problems of Samba 4 with TDB
- Supported TDB version is 32 bit, which puts a 4GB limit on the database,
equals around 300 000 objects depending on their size.
- Work on the 64 bit is not progressing"
May be an ugly question, but is that means the Samba4 supports "only" about
300k objects per db?
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the