Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Tombstone Lifetime in samba 4.5+

On 10/19/2017 6:22 AM, Dittler, Tim via samba wrote:
Dear list,

Does anybody know how to lower the tombstone lifetime in samba 4.5 or
later? There used to be a wiki entry, but this has been deleted as it is
probably not adequate anymore:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Restoring_deleted_AD_objects#Changing_the_defaults_for_msDS-deletedObjectLifetime_and_tombstoneLifetime

I used to change the attribute tombstoneLifetime in CN=Directory
Service,CN=Windows NT,CN=Services,CN=Configuration, but this doesn't
seem to work anymore.

Thanks and best regards,
Tim

    The last time I played with this attribute I altered "tombstoneLifetime". You can use ADSIEDIT and drill down to Configuration,Configuration,Services,Windows NT and right click Directory Service. Scroll through till you see tombstoneLifetime attribute.

James