Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR from RPC server on samba 4.5.8 AD DC

On 16/10/2017 19:30, Rowland Penny wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:06:20 +0100
Richard Connon via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I provided the dump of all the conf files to Rowland by email but in
case anyone else is curious they are also here:

http://www.irconan.co.uk/dc.tar http://www.irconan.co.uk/member.tar

I didn't get it, so I downloaded it ;-)

Is the member server using DHCP ?
Yes. Both test hosts are using DHCP with static leases for IP addresses but not for DNS domains or nameservers.
Is '10.0.2.15' the ipaddress of the DC ?
Yes
You haven't got 'security = ADS' in your smb.conf.
Assuming you mean on the member, good point, but it doesn't change this behaviour. My understanding was this only affected smbd anyway, which I'm not running on the member.
You have 'unix password sync = yes' in smb.conf,
Do you have Unix users that are also in AD ?
No, this is just a default smb.conf from debian. I assume this wouldn't actually have any affect on a member server where there is no local passdb anyway and again, removing it has no affect.
And finally the biggy, are you using sssd ?
No, these test hosts are very basic debian installs I've done to attempt to isolate this problem, although my "production" installs use SSSD.