Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba 4.6.2 member server errors

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:45:43 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hai,

I'll explain a bit.

There is no keytab on the member servers.

Oh yes there is ;-)

Seems reasonable. :-)

You only need an explicit keytab if something else requires it e.g.
squid, Samba uses a keytab in memory.

OK, please educate me, how do I reset it?

I tried restarting everything and even re-joining the member server to
the domain. No joy. I am obviously missing something.

Ok, can you post your smb.conf
Because without it is a guessing game as of this point.

It always helps if the smb.conf is posted.

I already sent it in reply to Louis's request. If you need it again
let me know.

Also in case it is useful below is what I have in /etc/krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
    default_realm = SAMDOM.MYDOMAIN.COM
    dns_lookup_realm = false
    dns_lookup_kdc = true

The weird thing about all of this is everything is working. Other than
the log messages, the only thing not normal is that winbind is constantly
running which has the machine's load higher than normal.

Regards,

--
Tom			me@xxxxxxxxxx