Re: [Samba] Samba AD Best Practice (DNS)
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:03:18 -0400
- From: Pat Suwalski via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba AD Best Practice (DNS)
On 2017-10-12 11:47 AM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
If you already have a domain, I would set up Active Directory as a
subdomain of this, e.g. instead of using 'network.ca', use
'ad.network.ca' and the FQDN 'dc1.ad.network.ca' for the DC.
Thanks for the reply.
I think that ship's already sailed, the domain has been running as
network.ca since Samba4 was in beta, and I can just imagine the headache
of changing that over.
I wouldn't have done it that way, but at the time "dns forwarder" to me
suggested that *all* (unknown) DNS entries would be forwarded to the
main DNS server. Obviously, it's clear now that isn't the case.
I think I'm left with two options:
- Don't point DNS at the AD server.
- Allow some kind of zone copying. Not sure of samba's DNS server
Neither seems ideal.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the