Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Using GPO to mount shares on Linux

I want to mount a users folder on one machine into the users folder on
another machine.
i.e. mount \\dc1\users\rowland on client /home/rowland/mnt
That sounds similar to our use case.

Sods law has kicked in, I have now got a mount to work with pam_mount,
but there is a major problem, anything created in the share doesn't
belong to rowland, it is 3000000:domain users. This is not acceptable,
the mounted share belongs to rowland, but nothing inside it does. I
think I will continue to try and get pam_script to do what I want.
Strange.

So what does a mount look like?

Here:

root@dmmember:~# mount | grep username
//fileserver.company.com/username on /home/username/username type cifs (rw,relatime,sec=ntlmi,unc=\\filehost.company.com\username,username=username,domain=WRKGRP,uid=49611,forceuid,gid=513,forcegid,addr=192.168.89.2,unix,posixpaths,serverino,acl,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)
root@dmmember:~#

MJ