Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Samba Packages

I would guess that Solaris 11 for sparc has the same packages available as for Solaris 11.    I would surprised if it doesn't.   Compiling Samba on Solaris has always been a struggle for me.         I wouldn't bother trying it, so I think it effectively rules out using Solaris as a Samba AD directory server.        The nice thing about the precompiled version of Solaris (the one bundled with the OS) is that all the ZFS ACL modules are compiled in, and the correct kerberos and ldap client paths are compiled in.    The nice thing about the precompiled version of Solaris (the one bundled with the OS) is that all the ZFS ACL modules are compiled in, and the correct kerberos and ldap client paths are compiled in.

Solaris 11 supports ACL's assuming you are using the ZFS file system (which shd be the default with the possible exception of the root and var, depending on the solaris release that was installed.)   The ZFS acl's are a not, I think, actually posix acl's, so sometimes the behavior between unix level and windows level permissions is not quite what you expect.    I would avoid trying  set permissions for multiple users and multiple groups- if you have a ProjectX folder you should have a corresponding ProjectX group.

I am curious about what the Solaris Sparc software is?

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 08:23:17 -0400