From: Rowland Penny [mailto:rpenny@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 04 October 2017 13:11
To: samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Samba] Need to join Windows server 2012 R2 as a client to
Samba Domain in ubuntu 12.04

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:44:34 +0530
"Ramkumar R" <ramkumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rowland,
>
> ##I have to ask this, why are using an OS that is EOL, along with an
> version of Samba that is also EOL ????
>
> Ans: My client is using the environment since from last 4 years and it
> is integrated with lot of tools.
>
> ##How are you trying to join the 2012 server, as a domain member or as
> a DC ?
>
> Ans: I am trying to join the 2012 server as a domain member only.
>
> ##You could try disabling DNS lookups on the 2012 server.
>
> Ans: After disabling also same error only.
>
> ##[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstat
> ion\Pa
> rameters]
>
> ##"DomainCompatibilityMode"=dword:00000001
> ##"DNSNameResolutionRequired"=dword:00000000
>
> Ans: These entries also provided.
>
> ##I personally would upgrade your OS and Samba, I would also upgrade
> to AD
>
> Ans: I already suggested my client but they are not ready to do this.
>
> Here my question please inform me that is samba 3.6.25  is supported
> to windows server 2012
>
> And If it is not please suggest me what I should do then?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
> Ramkumar R
> +91 8892107131

Samba 3.6.x isn't supported by Samba, it is End Of Life.
Ubuntu 12.04 isn't supported by Ubuntu, it is End Of Life.

If it is a Samba or Ubuntu problem, you will not get the problem fixed, for,
as I said, both your version of Samba and OS are EOL.

One thing we haven't seen is the smb.conf you are using, perhaps there are
some clues there.