Re: [Samba] Replication Error Between Differing Samba Versions During Upgrade
- Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 17:32:59 -0500 (CDT)
- From: Mike Ray via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Samba] Replication Error Between Differing Samba Versions During Upgrade
Spent more time on this today and found the following:
* manually copying over the sam.ldb from a working controller did not fix the
broken controller (in fact, it completely destroyed the domain)
* upgrading to 4.1.6 shows the same issue as 4.3.11 (dbcheck, drs showrepl,
dnsupdate all return happily, but ldapcmp shows missing data in the new
* this issue does not show up if I add another 4.0.6(*) dc
(*) - this is a bastardize, custom version, not true "4.0.6"
My next step is to try just getting a 4.0.7 controller to work. If that fails,
just a 4.0.6.
My current theory is that at some point the replication code was changed to ask
for data in a way that isn't compatible with the old version, but that if I do
smaller version upgrades, it'll handle it internally. If anyone has any 4.0 to
4.1 upgrade information/links, I would appreciate them.
----- On Sep 29, 2017, at 5:37 PM, samba samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey all-
> Trying to upgrade the domain and running into issues getting my data into the
> new controller.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the