Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] XP auto enrollment error; TEMP profile

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:27:29 -0700
ToddAndMargo via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear list,

Help!

I just upgrade a samba server.

Server:
     Fedora 26
     samba-4.6.8-0.fc26.x86_64

Workstations (5 of them):
     XP Pro SP3

The old server was set up as a Domain controller.  I copied the
smb.conf over to the new server.

The XP workstations can see and mount everything.

On the workstations, I removed myself from the old domain and
rebooted, powered off the old server, reattached to the domain.

Problem: when I log into the domain, I get the following in my error
log and I get a stinking TEMP directory/profile.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	AutoEnrollment
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	15