Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] is possible save a copy of the printed files?

Hi,

Am 28.09.2017 um 20:45 schrieb kazabe via samba:
> Im looking for an option to keep the files printed.  Cups can preserve
> the print jobs, but we need save the file and open if if is necessary.
>
> By example: print a spreadsheet document and save that spreadsheet in
> some storage to take it again if is necessary.
>
> Is possible do that?

Write a script that saves the output to a PDF and additionally forwards
it to CUPS. Then use the script in the "print command" parameter in
smb.conf.

There are some solutions out there. For example:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/cups-and-samba-to-print-one-print-job-to-2-printers-tutorial-added-756040/#post3688155

Regards,
Marc