Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] Using ldbsearch on configuration partition.

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:31:28 -0400
lingpanda101 via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

      I'm trying to search for the following but believe my syntax may
not be correct.

Search the Configuration partition for any object where the Common
Name contains "CNF:" and the object class is nTDSDSA.

I'm using: ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
'(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

Is this correct? I also tried

ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

I'm not receiving any results so I want to confirm my syntax. Thanks.

Try this:

ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
'CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local'
'(&(ObjectClass=nTDSDSA)(CN=CNF*))'

Rowland

That did it. Thanks.