Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Samba] ldbsearch fails due to LDB_MODULES_PATH not set, is it critical for ADDC operation?

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 01:20:28 -0500
LinforPros IT Solutions via samba <samba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> ldbsearch -H .... fails with a message that samba_dsdb
> is not found and LDB_MODULES_PATH needs to be set.
>
> Fixing it temporarily with:
> export LDB_MODULES_PATH=/usr/lib64/samba/ldb
>
> allows ldbseach command to work.
> Is it critical for ADDC operation though?
>
> [root@feddc ~]# rpm -q samba libldb ldb-tools samba-dc
> samba-4.7.0-12.fc27.x86_64
> libldb-1.2.2-1.fc27.x86_64
> ldb-tools-1.2.2-1.fc27.x86_64
> samba-dc-4.7.0-12.fc27.x86_64
> [root@feddc ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 27 (Twenty Seven)
>

> Thank you for looking into it
> Lin

You are running Samba on an OS that hasn't been released yet, and
'LDB_MODULES_PATH' should be set during the package installation.

It would seem you have found a bug, a Fedora bug, I would suggest you
go and report it to Fedora, it has nothing to do with Samba ;-)